Thursday, June 27, 2013

Fireflies

A lazy afternoon being spent in a silent slumber,
Wings of the fan a shade lighter than burnt umber;
My head overflowing with images of a pretty girl,
With eyes as twinkling and precious as deep sea pearl.

Was it all a figment of my imagination,
Or Was it a beautiful but enigmatic vision.
It was hard for my logical mind to fathom,
when my heart was beating with such a musical rhythm.

Lying, dreaming of my eyes seeing her eyes,
As if the world around me was lit by fireflies.
Splendid was the scene, full of lighting bugs,
making my thoughts dance over the dreamy rugs.

Those beautiful eyes made the world change for me,
Feeling her sight through which I could see.
Even the sparrow sitting gallantly on the tree
was seeming to defy everything with royal glee.

By the time the fireflies within seemed to dim,
the virtuous smile amazed me upto the brim.
It was so full of life like the endless sky.
Went right through me; this feeling wasn't a lie.

The fireflies celebrated in tandom with a snowflake,
Moon singing praises of the smile to the frozen lake.
The winds were busy flowing with a hush whisper,
telling me that I just chanced upon the cutest smile ever.

I imagined what I would say if I met her,
It was all blank; nothing more serene existed, I fear.
I went back to just thinking about her smile,
Eyes closed, waking from this dream would take a while.

Lying, dreaming of my eyes seeing her eyes,
As if the world around me was lit by fireflies.






No comments:

Post a Comment